Here's how I prepared them:
- Wash & trim artichoke's
- Place them in pot.
- Fill with water up to a 1/3 of the artichoke.
- Sprinkle ground turmeric, smoked paprika, onion powder and olive oil on top on artichokes.
- Rub along the top to spread the spices.
- Shake salt and freshly ground pepper on top to your liking.
- Throw some whole pepercorns in the water surrounding the artichoke's.
- Steam for 1 hour medium-low. Or put them in a pressure cooker for half the time.
- They will be done when you can insert a skewer easily into them.