|My little robot.|
This is the back of the costume, complete with rocket boosters. Made out of Pringle canisters wrapped in fabric. The clip on light came in handy at night. Bicycle helmet covered in foil to finish the look.
Dryer vents for arms (you can buy them at Home Depot). I added a tire pressure gauge to help make the costume look more dimensional. The gadget dials were a download that I printed out and glued to the front, same with the Dre 3000 tag.
The box was actually a wine box that has been recycled two times. Once as my son's high school graduation card box, and one final time for this project. The box was cut down the back and the neck area was cut in a u-shape. My son loved putting this on, his eyes would light up every time. I think he felt like a transformer.
If you want to make this:
- Find a box that fits your child's body
- Silver Metallic spray paint
- Grey fabric duct tape (for comfort and finishing the look)
- Dryer vents
- Serrated knife for cutting the box
- Strong glue- E-6000 (use in ventilated area)
- Recycle any thing you want for rocket boosters. I used Pringle containers, but I thought even water bottles, or 2-liter soda bottles would work just as well.
- Pull together anything around the house you're not using or about to throw away, spray paint and glue it on! We had a blast putting this together. So much fun!