I wanted to share what I did for my son's 7th birthday party. He loves Transformers a lot, and I mean a lot. I would show you his transformer collection, but you would think mom was nuts. So for his 7th birthday party, it was only natural to make transformers the theme.
I started by going to Etsy to find a custom invitation, but instead I found a whole Transformer Printable Birthday Party Package. It was created by SplashBoxPrintables. The package consists of a custom made invitation, banner, water bottle covers, cupcake toppers, candy bar wrappers, food description tags, and tons of other things that you just cut out and paste to card stock for a finished look. The package was $27, which I thought was worth if for all the printouts you get. Especially since they have your child's name on it. Check out the pictures below:
These cupcake toppers must be cut out as well. To make it easier, use a circular cutting system that can cut 2" diameter circles. I used my Creative Memories cutting system. Glue them to card stock and then glue those to candy sticks.
Water bottle covers. Nice touch.
Just a few ideas in case you ever decide to throw a transformer themed party.
Party Games Played:
- Energon eating contest (purple Jello cut into cubes), served in bowls; first kid to eat it all wins. My nephew won this one. He was amazingly fast.
- Pin the Autobot symbol to Bumble Bee's chest (Party City)
- Transformer Pinata (Party City)
- Musical chairs
- Balloon popping race
- Back-to-back balloon race
- Freeze Dance- this is hilarious, especially if you have 5-8 year olds.
- The kids also had a bounce-house
Overall, we had a fun day!